What I Wore: Flowers and Grey Tones

08:35

The day was a gloomy day.

It started out raining incessantly until she was quite ready to get to dancing in the rain. Suddenly, the rain stopped, the sun shone and she smiled as flowers bloomed all around.



Flowery words aside, it was actually raining pretty heavily about 10 minutes before these pictures were taken. This actually goes to show how quickly a situation turn around.

I remember having a conversation with someone that lasted for over two days. It was an argument really. It seems there are many people who feel fashion is too superficial. I actually get this. After all, at the end of the day, it's just clothes, isn't it?




Nope.

It's not just clothes. I'm not really a fan of following up on trends and designers (mostly because I can't keep up) but dressing oneself in fine attire is an art that's almost as old as time.

The expression "Dress how you'd like to be addressed" is a cliche because it's true. If there's one fashion quote I'm tired of seeing, it's "fashion is what you wear, style is how you wear it". It's not necessarily about the clothes. The art is in the combination, the individuality expressed.

Whether we make conscious effort or not, our style makes a statement.

You'd think with these salient points, I'd have convinced said someone even just a little, yes?



OUTFIT DETAILS:

-Dress: Thrifted
-Shoes: Dresslily
-Watch: Zaful
-Nails: Wendy's place
-Earrings: Pins & Clips
-Backpack: Dresslily
-Glasses: Gifted


Alas, he was quite unconvinced. It's still just clothes even though I also pointed out that a person's style reveals things about his/her personality, lifestyle, etc. 

What's your opinion on the matter?

I'd like to know if it's just me who's taking things too deep. Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog, my YouTube (new videos every Friday!) and follow me on Instagram, let's connect!

Cheers!xx


Recently,


Subscribe to our mailing list

For your dose of style inspirationfashion & photography tips and DIY projects, all on a (low) budget.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. As much as I enjoy fashion and seeing pretty clothes, to be perfectly honest, sometimes it just wears me out. I doff my hat to celebs and fashion bloggers that seemingly have a never-ending supply of clothes, but I wonder sometimes about the amount of money, time, and energy expended on them. I'm really considering going the capsule wardrobe path and having essential, but stylish/classic items in my closet (once I lose my baby weight).

    Anyways, I'm definitely not a sneaker girl but I really like yours!

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow belle. This is captivating, entrancing, beautiful, so stylish and very much dope. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram