DIY | How To Make a Ribbon Circle Choker From a Key Chain (Plus three other ways it can be worn!)

04:35

So you remember how I said I'd be doing more choker DIY's? This is my follow-up.

To be honest, I don't know how I came up with this idea. I think it's because I've always loved circle pendants. Finding circle pendants aren't easy though so I thought... "Key chain? Why not?"



They're very easily accessible and come in various sizes. Would have loved to use a black ribbon but if I kept waiting till I found one, this DIY wouldn't even exist.

Cost: Next to nothing (as always). Grab a key chain and let's do this!

Time taken: Less than five minutes including glue drying time.


You will need:

-Ribbon

-Key chain (ring? *shrugs*)

-Glue 

-Scissors

All set?

Step 1:



Cut two even ribbons. I went for 10". It all depends on how long or big you want your bow to be.

Step 2:




Apply glue then fold the ends of each ribbon over. This is just to prevent fraying.

Step 3:





Wrap the ribbon around the key chain then apply some glue. Do this for both ribbons.



Done! Easy peasy as always eh?

Now! On to other ways to style the choker... You could also wear it as a headband, bracelet or arm cuff.

Pin this pretty please! 

Finally, some important news...

I'm starting a DIY community up on here. Can I get a Whoop whoop!!!

Here's how it works....

1. You do any one of my DIY's. You could put your own unique twist and stuff.

2. Take a very crisp, clear photo of the finished product. You could also take pictures of the process if you want to but please, no collages. If you want a collage, I'll make one for you. You could also add notes on your DIY if you want to.

3. Send me an email (ijennamirabelosuji@gmail.com) with your name, the required stuff above and your blog web address (if you have one). If the email is inconvenient, you tcould try to reach out on social media channels but I could miss your message so via email is definitely the best route.

I'll be posting the first "Crafty Readers | MLB inspired DIYs" at the end of May. The success of this series depends on you so pretty please don't break my heart.

And to motivate you guys, I'll be picking my best, and the reader gets a gift.

Hint: It has something to do with art and fashion. I'll reveal it later. The gift is for only lagos people though.

Ok, that was a long one! If you got to the end of this post, you are a gem and I sincerely love you.

Cheers!

DIY posts to get you started on crafty assignment *wink

-Valentine Inspired Denim Tote Bag

-Ankara Rings

- Ombre tassel Pendant

- Awesome blue ribbon choker in three steps.

- Turn your flared skirt into shorts (culottes)

-Vintage Time-piece Necklace 




Enjoyed this?

Sign up for more of this goodness!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required




You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I love this. Super creative. I hope your DIY community turns out a huge success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      But why does that sound like you won't be involved? Seyi na!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I know you love DIYtoo.

      You sort of inspired me to think of other ways one could wear the choker. : D

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm a gem
    I found the key ring to use already buying black ribbon and glue tomorrow. Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Can't wait to see your handiwork!

      And yes, you're a gem :*

      Delete
  4. I always admire the creativity behind DIYs, this is certainly one outta the box thought. Well done

    www.jbshares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Dami. I'll be expecting an email ; D

      Delete
  6. I'm so doing mine as an arm cuff.

    www.theblackwriter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's actually my fave way the choker could be worn!

      Delete
  7. ❤❤❤.All hail the DIY queen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are a creative bone! It looks simple and elegant and I love the fact that it has many uses.

    Precious Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just looked at it and saw a headband then I started thinking about other ways it could be worn : )

      Delete
  9. Lovely choker... Very different from what I have seeing around.. Maybe you could turn this into something big.. 👍

    http://www.deveinmesite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith. For some strange reason,the choker craze seems to have died down...

      Delete
  10. Can't miss the Deutschland colors! I have a ton of that tube and not once have I noticed the made in Germany!
    I love it better as an arm band. Those teenage years I wore that cap like it was going out of fashion. I even saw some cute ones on asos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. if you call it crap its not your fault, since its crap where are your own non crappy designs???
      someone makes her own to inspire and teach others you call it crap....
      please dear i am not picking a fight with you, but there's a better way to say things.
      please ehnn... thanks

      Delete

Instagram