Trend Watch: Everyone Seems To Be Rocking Hair Rings

00:41

So I stumbled on something very intriguing...




I found hair rings very interesting so I decided to make a research and I realized it was slowly but steadily becoming a trend.

Rings have been making serious waves since 2014 and apparently will continue to do so seeing as the ring trend has extended to hair as well. I feel they're like silver thinner hair beads. Or may be the hair version of hoop earrings. Ha Ha.



I'm not sure what I think of them yet but I find them edgy and I've always liked edgy.

Before taking on this trend, a few tips.

- Start small.

Start with one to three hair rings. When you're feeling bolder, you could increase the number. I've found that with trends like this, it's better to start with small doses.


-Embed them in braids.

What's the thing all the pictures have in common?

Braids.



I'm sure there are other ways they could be styled but I quite like the braid approach-funky and safe.

-Occasion appropriate.



I feel this trend would only work in a fashion forward environment or a very casual one. I don't see this working in a corporate environment.

- Keep other accessories to a minimum.



This mostly refers to other facial ring though. Hoop earrings, septums, with a lot of hair rings would look like too much, wouldn't it? Unless everything is kept to a minimum anyway. It's all about balance.

So that's it people!

Would you wear hair rings?

I think I would. Emphasis on think.

Images: via, viavia, via,  via,



Enjoyed this?

Sign up for more of this goodness!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required





 KEEP READING...

-5 Epic Hairstyles That'll Make You Embrace The Green Hair Trend

-Hairstyle Friday: Bantu knots!

-What I Wore: Stripes And Dots

-How To Properly Combine Colours In Your Outfits

-DIY: Easy Peasy Studded Ribon Choker

-20 Life Lessons At 20


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I like this. I should try this soon.

    www.adenowoseyi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure I would/could wear hair rings o

    Epiphany29.com
    Personal Style - Wearing Thehdhqv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are quite daring and don't every style. Give them a chance though? You never know : )

      Delete
  3. I just cannot wait to get hair rings right now... I am DEFINITELY wearing hair rings, am like in love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Heard they're quite expensive though. I might try a DIY.

      Delete
  4. I'm already in love with them. And don't you think they would be so easy to DIY?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely, not the one in the first pic tho. Can totally rock it.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. The first picture is actually too out there and I wouldn't do them either.

      Delete
  6. Im hitting you up with shots when i the hair rings trend. The Gold rings with the pendent thingies are really making me want to DIY right now. Thanks for posting...Its my birthday today.

    www/bijouxquibrillent.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They actually look really great. Kinda like a new and improved version of those metal clasps you wrap around braids. Definitely going to keep an eye out for them


    http://tobiadegbemi.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They remind me of the braid hair clasps too! Love your blog BTW.

      Delete
  8. Hi Ijenna,

    I'd never heard of this before now. Hair rings! Who'd have thunk it? Looks very cool. :-)

    Ah, I love being a woman, our fashion is limitless, no dull moment at all.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram