Trend watch:Grey braids

02:08

Grey hair in general has been making serious waves for a while now.  In fact, style has been getting bolder over the years.  Most things that were restricted to runways are now being incorporated in day-to-day style.  Put simply,  it's now in style to be stylish.
 
 

 For a while,  everyone just wore weaves but now,  braids are back and bigger with a variety of styles to choose from. Add the ease of styling, and braids are definitely the way to go. 

Basic black or brown isn't cutting it anymore. We've been seeing a lot of colours like blue,  wine,  blonde and all those the interesting colours,  including pink,  but the colour that really caught my eye is grey or silver if you will. 



I am loving this trend not only because grey is one of my best colours,  but also because it looks really hip.  It adds this BOOM factor to your look and if pulled off well,  would spread the grey syndrome. ;)

Wondering how to rock grey hair? Here are some of my tips:

 Firstly, be prepared - staring comes with the trend. 

  You've decided you're going do it.  You've made your hair and you're loving it!  You dress up and go about your daily business... Except people keep staring and staring and staring!

It's all about the confidence.  No matter what,  people will stare so just go about your business and enjoy your hairstyle.  Some would love it,  some wouldn't.  All the matters is you love it.


Be occasion appropriate 


If you work in a place with a strict dress code,  I'ld advise using a few strands of grey mixed with black just to add a little va va voom without crossing the line. We like to respect the dress code rules and all.



Just a touch if you please


Not daring enough to use all grey? Again,  a few strands, one, two or more is advisable. Then you can rock the trend without being too out there. You could also make it ombré- just grey at the tips which is also very stylish.

Play with it,  mix it up. 


You could try different attachments with different textures like wool for instance. Or kinky braids. They add an Afro-punk feel to your look which is really funky.

Lastly,  it doesn't start and end with braids.  


You could twist your grey attachment,  fix a grey weave,  dye your hair grey (I would advise a light grey,  almost moon blonde colour),  and experiment with other things.  Life is too short for boring hair :) 







So! I'ld like to know... 

Would you wear grey braids? What do you think of the trend? Yay or Nay? Let me know in the comments. 
Wishing you a lovely week ahead! 
Photo credits: via, via, via, via


Enjoyed this?

Sign up for more of this goodness!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required



 KEEP READING...

-5 Epic Hairstyles That'll Make You Embrace The Green Hair Trend
-Hairstyle Friday: Bantu knots!
-What I Wore: Stripes And Dots
-How To Properly Combine Colours In Your Outfits
-DIY: Easy Peasy Studded Ribon Choker
-20 Life Lessons At 20

 

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I won't rock it cos I don't think it will look good on me

    But it looks good on these people though.

    The colour is odd but cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so good...still unsure whether I could carry it off though!

    www.kindtococo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably could start with a few strands and see how that goes. :)

      Delete
  3. U first dear��

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayy but if everyone goes grey then it becomes a nay if you know what i mean..lol
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean but maybe if more people wore grey, people wouldn't stare so much.

      Delete
  5. Its nice and I think I can rock it.

    Please click on my name for Fashion/Fitness/Beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a lovely trend!!
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgy!! But absolutely not for me. It's definitely a trend to watch like you rightly pointed out. www.iamyinn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its one of the things I said I was going to try this year - 'more bold colored hairstyles' but this model life though. You can't just do anyhow hair because you might be called for a shoot and won't be able to so it cos of your hairstyle

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Never thought of that. To come and start losing braids sharp sharp...no o.
      Thanks for your input.

      Delete
  9. This is among the things I set out to do this year. I've just been looking for the grey attachments and I haven't found. Loving the look.
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's really scarce. Maybe you should try wool instead.

      Delete
  10. Not for me,not for my kinda profession.aand no I can't rock it.maybe 2 strands will do but....Nah!

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grey braids make for nice pictures, don't think I would ever try it though

    ReplyDelete

Instagram