What We Wore: Street Style at The Nigerian Student Fashion and Design Week With Seyi Adenowo

01:57

Hey guys!

Sorry for staying away for so long. Was planning on making this a #nsfdw2016 recap but last minute decided to go with a style post. Said post is in collaboration withSeyi Adenowo of NOWO.




Seyi and I have been best friends for ten years now. Quite scary when I think about it but we became friends in high school and most people thought we wouldn't last we're really very different. Just look at our personal style.

The journey was never smooth but I'm really glad we persevered. Since I'm not necessarily mushy, I'm sure she'll be shocked to read this.

I'm probably feeling mushy because guess who's blog turned 2 today? That's right people! This blog began on the 18th of August, 2014 after procrastinating for almost two years. I'll be putting up a full blog post about it soon, plus a giveaway!

The similar shoes were totally coincidental.

So the theme of our outfits?
Nope. Not pointy heels.

The theme was supposed to be all black. Seyi was all excited about having found a "black" outfit. And on the d-day, I found her wearing this printed romper which is NOT black. She's still not convinced though.


Random fact: I'm sort of a trouble maker.

Peep the tassel pendant from this DIY post? It was fairly easy to make and I love how it complements my flowy bohemian vibe. I'm wearing a top and skirt though, both long. Some how, it works.


Whilst all-black outfits are really fashionable, the real reason for this outfit is that I was an intern for the show (like I mentioned in this post). It was really fun *coughs* stressful *coughs* though. I got to work backstage and also met a lot of cool people. Met Iju of @njcworks again (she took the lovely pictures) among other people.

So this is what I wore minus the sunglasses and heels. Ha ha. It's amazing how shoes change an outfit.

What I wore to Day 2:

Seyi didn't attend so I went solo. Look at me looking all "interny" and busy.

So who noticed the anklet? *covers face* Seyi actually made it for me a while ago but I'd been using it as a bracelet. Just you know, trying new things. Not sure anklets are for me though.

Do you remember this top and the skirt above from my "All black everything" post?


Here's to may more years of Mira La Belle eh? Thanks for all the love. Not sure what the blogversary post is going to be about yet though.

Benefits of blogging? The evolution of Mira La Belle?

Leave a comment, help me decide, I'd love to hear from you!

Oh and don't forget to follow my blog on Pinterest, GFC (in the sidebar), Instagram, Bloglovin'Twitter and add me on snapchat (@the_unservile), let's connect!
Enjoyed this?

Sign up for more of this goodness!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required


You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Seyi ohh! How is this outfit black?? You both def look different, but I've realised that the best friendships are often made of different people. Congrats on 2 years!! I'll love to see a post on the Evolution and of course you can always include anything else you fancy. Higher Heights!

    www.KacheeTee.com
    Staycaytion in Cornwall, England - So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! My new friends are ALWAYS surprised to meet her.
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Firstly, let me start by congratulating you (lol) that sounded a bit formal though. Cheers to many more years of blogging and i love the outfit. It so Mirabelle;like it depicts your personality and all and i love how you stay true to your style.
    I think the blogiversary post should be on the evolution of Mirabelle, i will certainly love to read that and i'm sure a lot of people would want that too.
    My Style Look Book Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Lol! Thanks! When Seyi wanted to put her post up, she called asking for the concept behind my outfit. Fam! Only concept was colour. I just dressed for comfort and voila!

      Delete
  3. Yayyyy!! Happy blogaversary!! Many many more blogging years are in your future!!! Enjoy them!!
    Seyi's rumper, cool as it is isn't all black.. Lol
    You on the other hand, wow! It's beautiful and I'd never have thought of it..
    Meanwhile, I also have a troublemaker best friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait that's a top and skirt right? Love the layering! You should do the evolution post, it is always nice to look back and see how far you've come. Even more fitting when you do it on your anniversary.

    Cassie Daves Blog
    Travel Tips And Details To Cotonou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Well! Evolution post it is then. I know I've come far but it'd be nice to see just how far. Ha ha.

      Delete
  5. I agree with The Evolution of Mira La Belle. Congrats on clocking two years! Is that henna on Seyi's ankle? Would love to do that xx

    www.daisyada.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yea, it's Henna. Would love to do it too.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on two years of blogging. I'm still looking at Seyi's outfit and wondering if it's me or it's not black but somehow somehow it made you guys look so chic and different in a good way. I also want to read the evolution of Miralabelle.

    Beth fayemi's blog
    Homemade Facial Scrub

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats girl... many more years of fruitful blogging amen. And your style is just so different..nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you are slaying the look! Your cheekbones be popping and those shades be giving life!
    sewafolie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Lize! 😂😂

      Thank you! Thought I was the only one who noticed my naturally popping cheekbones, lol.

      Delete
  9. I love your style and how you stay true to it with your confidence and all. Go girl!
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I actually stay true to it because I feel uncomfortable when I don't.

      Delete
  10. I was trying to find you on both days.. But you being backstage and all didn't help matters.. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving these looks and photos, Seyi's outfit is super cute but deffo not black <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete

Instagram