Outfit: Colour Play

04:19


Hey people!!
I've been wanting to post pictures taken with a camera for the longest time! :D

So I decided to go all the way- COLOUR!

 


I shy away from bright colours. I really don't know why.


Playing with colours is a very effective way of making an outfit interesting. A black top and brown skirt could never compete with a fuschia top and purple skirt combo of the same style. Its playful, colourful and adventurous.



I'm sure you're wondering... If I shy away from bright colours, why am I wearing this outfit?

http://cwseattle.cbslocal.com/2013/07/31/tweets-of-the-week-723-728/

It's actually inspired by the series "The Carrie Diaries". Everything was playful and colourful and I loved it! I guess my color preference depends on my mood.





So to the outfit details.

TOP//Gift from Cousin
SKIRT//Gotten "thrift" shopping
SHOES//Gotten "thrift" shopping
NECKLACE//Mom's back in the day.


The "thrift" is in quotes because there's been some controversy on how much I should reveal. Apparently, some people don't think much of people who don't buy expensive clothes. I really don't understand it. If you're getting more for less, shouldn't people appreciate that? *shrugs* I'm still thinking on it though. I'm a proud frugal fashionista.


Wishing y'all a fabulous week the rest of the week!

Your thoughts?
What do you think? How would you style the pieces in the outfit? How do you feel about thrift shopping? Did you like this post? Let me know in the comments.

Photo credits: Prestaz Photography
 

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Very elegant ! X

    Follow me on GFC Ijenna, I always follow back !
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fresh and cute. I think you should use a camera often dear
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Camera's don't come often unfortunately :(

      Delete
  3. Choi! I want that top!!

    i like you combo dear

    Please click on my name for Fashion/Fitness/Beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bold. Love the way you played around the colours. Your blog is nice.

    www.akinfaminu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog and nice pictures. :)

    Sophsinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very nice. I love all colours for to wear clothes. The necklace is so beautifull

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mom's necklace... Was waiting to see where you got it from.

    Great style

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love poca dots

    They always look lovely!!!!!!

    And the necklace......Very simple and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wud U be my personal designer🙇

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!i love the top and the. Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. madam!!! we have not spoken in a while. by the way, how are you?

    ReplyDelete

Instagram