Photo Diary| Like a Tourist: Getting (almost) lost in Ikeja (Lagos, Nigeria)

14:09

Hi guys!

It's been two weeks! This is the longest I've been away since I took my consistency vow. It was actually just supposed to be one week which turned into two (I sort of fell ill) and here we are.



So I sort of got lost the other day  around Ikeja. 

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I was a wedding guest last Saturday. The cab that was supposed to drop me at Seyi's sister's wedding "mistakenly" dropped me off at the wrong place and refused to take me back. I actually had to take deep breaths to remain calm and not get pissed. I tried finding my way on foot and then decided to take random pictures of the sights.

I find Lagos to be a very charming city although this wasn't always this case. The smells, the people, the lifestyle just makes for a very hectic existence but hidden within are some very pleasant moments.

Some women leaving their owambe locations, well dressed for the occasion

Ikeja is one of the "good" places in Lagos. The part I was wandering about was serene with beautiful architecture, clean good roads and people that minded their business. You'll surprised at how nosy Lagosians can get sometimes.


So we'll start off with a picture that includes one of our staples- Yellow.


Somewhere in the world, a very satisfied "Seun Owolabi" is probably happy knowing fully well that he (or she) has made his (or her) mark on the world. Or on this wall, depending on how you see things. I surprised there wasn't a "was here" to complete the message.


Does the fact that I was sad that there were no grammatical errors on this make me a bad person? Hmm, I wonder if they are actively looking for the "Seun Owolabi" from the previous picture?


I was excited to see that I actually got someone crossing in this. Pretty cool hun? Oh and I guess Fashola (the former governor) actually succeeded in making Lagos green. I scarcely noticed before.


This building. Enough said.

Regardless of how nice this picture is, the sun that made it lovely was very hot and I could feel my skin sizzling. Literally.



Ha ha. By this time, I didn't need a sign to tell me to. I was tired and in my mind, I kept asking "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?"

(We= me, myself and I, just in case you were wondering.)

After a very long time, I reached my destination but the food had finished. I was so pained. After all the stress, no jollof rice? *insert weeping emoji*

In about 10-20 minutes, the wedding ended and I had to leave anyways. So instead of jollof rice, I got an amazing sunset. Everywhere was pink and orange!



I am in love with this Keke picture! This is probably the best picture I've taken so far.


And a kind soul volunteered to take a picture of me (the guy in the sunset picture above). So many straps though. 


It got really dark so I decided to jump on the bus (which wouldn't have taken me to the wrong place by the way) and went back to school.

Moral lesson: When life gives you lemons, slice them up, put them on a plate, add a fashion magazine, some accessories and make a flatlay. Then post it Instagram.

What would you have liked to see more of? Do you like this series? 
Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers! xx

P. S: Please don't use any of the pictures above without my permission or without giving credit by linking back to this post or tagging me on social media, thanks.

Enjoyed this?

Sign up for more of this goodness! 

Subscribe to our mailing list
* indicates required



You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. WOW, THE QUALITY OF THE PICTURES IS SUPERB. I LOVE THE FACT THAT YOU TURNED AN OTHERWISE UNHAPPY SITUATION INTO SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL.
    THE PART ABOUT NOISE IN LAGOS, VERY TRUE. LAGOSIANS ARE VERY NOISY, LOL.
    I LOVE THIS SERIES, DO MORE OF IT.

    memoirsofagreatlady

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know you take the most amazing pictures ever.

    Some cab guys sha. Refusing to take you to the right location imagine. So annoying tshew. Kai nothing pains more than missing party jollof rice. Pele love.

    Ps: im stealing the pic of you 😚😚😚

    Epiphany29.com
    My Current Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Gracey!

      I know, right?!!!

      P.S: You have my total permission : D

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, I really enjoyed reading this post especially the Seun Owolabi part. Really hilarious. Cab drivers tho, I can imagine how bummed you'd be plus not getting jollof rice. Really cute how you chose to have fun regardless.
    Keeping My Nails Interesting Facts
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seen Owolabi wuz here. That would have been complete.
    Your photos are amazing Ije! Well one!

    www.KacheeTee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loooool!! Yes!! Nailed it!!!

      Thank you Kachee

      Delete
  5. Those photos are amazing for real... Nice post girl.. I think you should also make your watermarking more visible and placed in strategic places or what do you think?


    Http://www.Brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Strategic, sure. But I really don't like obvious watermarks. I feel they are distracting. However, since quite a few people having been using my pictures with no credit, I think I'll consider it.

      Delete
  6. Matthew 4:17 Repent, for The Kingdom of Heaven has come near. Matthew 18:11 For The Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moral lesson: When life gives you lemons, slice them up, put them on a plate, add a fashion magazine, some accessories and make a flatlay. Then post it Instagram.

    THIS!!!

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely photos. The sunset was more like a compensation😁

    www.okoroyvonne.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think wherever Seun Owolabi is, he/she is very proud... And the whole cut lemons do a flat-lay advice is giving me sooo much life, I really do need to learn how to flat lay though

    quirksandoutfits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I honestly don't know how I even came up with it. I procrastinate way to too much. I was supposed to have done a flatlay how-to post but then I took too much time and now I'm thinking it might be anti-climatic. You know?

      Delete
  10. Lovely post dear and great pictures too!!

    My fashion Musings

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have posted a stunning and beautiful photo in this blog. I really enjoyed reading this blog and i have got new other things which you have described about a photo diary. Many folks want to like a travel and find best travel services. For safe journey you can book Turkish Airlines according to your budget.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram