DIY: How To Make a Deconstructed Shirt

00:18

If you don't know what any of this is about, I implore you, type "deconstructed shirt trend" into any search engine of your choice and get properly educated.

I'm actually really loving this trend and I feel the more subtle styles might sneak into our wardrobes and become staples just like the skinny jeans (my favourite reference).



I thought it would be fun to recreate some styles I liked. Ended up doing two and restructuring some of the styles but alas, here's the tutorial.

For the asymmetrical style;



You will need:


-white shirt of choice
-scissors
-taperule
-glue
-needle and thread

Step 1

Lay your shirt on a flat surface. Making sure it's properly aligned, cut one arm off. That is, the arm you want the asymmetrical style to be.

Step 2


Cut diagonally, in the direction stated above. Don't worry about the arm hole, we'll fix that later.

Step 3


This is where the needle and thread come in. Make a dart.That is, taking out an amount of fabric as illustrated above, sew a line on the inner part of the shirt (the wrong side).

Step 4


Hem the initially cut-out part using glue (more efficient and time saving). Adjust the arm hole to size.

And you're done!



For the second tutorial, watch the video below. If you enjoy, don't forget to subscribe, like comment and share the video. SHARING is seriously caring.


Which is more you? The first or the second style?

I'l go first: I honestly can't pick. If you have any DIY you want me to try, leave them in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog, my YouTube (new videos every Friday!) and follow me on Instagram, let's connect!

Cheers!xx


Recently,



Subscribe to our mailing list

For your dose of style inspirationfashion & photography tips and DIY projects, all on a (low) budget.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram