What I Wore: The Cool Kid Mantra

03:36


It might interest you to know that the title of this post has little to do with this outfit. I was considering other titles but this is the one that stuck.

What a title.
Let me just start off by making something really very clear:
I'm a FRAUD.






Who is a cool kid anyway? I've come across so many definitions which include:

-Kids on Instagram that use (prominent) vsco filters.
-Kids on Instagram that pose really artsy and caption pictures with equally artsy quotes.
-Kids on Instagram who are very self assured and confident.
-Kids on Instagram living that luxurious life.
-Kids with a large following on twitter and/or snapchat.
-Kids in on the scene with a very vast knowledge of pop culture.
-Creative people.
-Unservile people.

N.B: If you don't know the meaning of unservile, follow me on Instagram (@unservile_fashionist) then send me a DM to find out. Of course, you could always go the old-fashioned route and check the dictionary but my way is more fun, yes?




So, the reason for my dramatic statement of being a fraud should be quite clear now.  It's all smoke. I probably shouldn't be putting this out there seeing as my success is actually really dependent on social media and me being cool and so on but...

I used to be really dazzled by celebrities at a point in my life. One day, it occured to me that they are perfectly normal albeit surrounded by glamour. This occurence was based on the fact that I realized that they also wake up in the morning to brush their teeth. Their perfectly bleached white teeth, but still. They also poo, ya know? The glamour sheen just couldn't withstand that thought.

What is my point? I actually have no idea. What started as an insightful post has turned into random musings but... don't you just love my shoes?

OUTFIT DETAILS

-Shirt: Thrifted
-Shorts: Thrifted
-Glasses: Dapmod
-Shoes: Dresslily




I'm quite tempted to delete the wordings of this post but let's see where it goes. I'm relying on the pictures making it worth your while if the wording is total crap.

I just realized I didn't talk on the cool kid mantra so I'm going imitate the typical Nigerian lecturer and throw this one to you.

In one sentence, tell me: What is the Cool Kid Mantra?

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!


Don't forget to subscribe to my blog, my YouTube (new videos every Friday!) and follow me on Instagram, let's connect!

Cheers!xx

Recently,

-Outfit: Styling Extra Long Sleeves
-How to remove unwanted objects from your photos
-Photo Diary: The day I got lost
-6 pros of  Acne


Subscribe to our mailing list

For your dose of style inspirationfashion & photography tips and DIY projects, all on a (low) budget.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Haha Ijenna your definitions of a cool kid at the start of the post are amusing. A cool kid means different things to different people I guess. Anyways, I love your blouse and those shoes are so 'notice me' which I love. Shoes that stand out are my fave. xx

    Coco Bella Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demi! I actually find the whole cool kid thing amusing : D

      Delete
  2. Your post got me laughing.Cool kid eh? Your definitions would do for me. I love your outfit. Get well soon love.

    Epiphany29.com
    Fashion Infusion,  African Meets Modern

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look everything bout this look especially the shirt and SHOES.I find this post quite amusing. Kudos Ijenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this is indeed a creative writeup. I've stopped looking up to the girl in the magazine because the girl in the magazine don't even look like the girl in the magazine 😂😂😃😃. Still a Kool Keed tho 👍✨😍

    ReplyDelete

Instagram