What I Wore: Colour Pop | The Yellow Syndrome

01:30


Has anyone noticed the current obsession with yellow backgrounds?

I had been noticing that not-so-mellow yellow was making a splash but it's currently all over Instagram. (Are you following me on Instagram? If not, follow me pretty please :) )

So one day, I was walking past a school and I noticed this yellow. I became extremely excited and that's when I realized...

I had indeed caught the yellow syndrome.

I still can't believe it! First pink, now yellow? What's happening?!?

Am I becoming... *dramatic gasp* more colourful??


 
 I usually shy away from bright colours (except for accessories including make up) but what does one wear with a yellow background? I was thinking I'd wear all black and it would be "Black and yellow" but I decided not to. For now. It might be a future post ;)

OUTFIT DETAILS

Top: Flip Back (Gotten from the boys section. Apparently I am equivalent in size to 9/10 year old boy)

Shorts: So vintage, I can't find a label and have no idea when my dad even got it. It wasn't always like this, I "upcyled" it.

Shoes: Fullah Sugah

Hat: No idea. Used to be my mum's, recently found and pounced on it!


So when deciding what to wear, I decided a daring but subtle colour combo was in order. So I went with orange shoes and pink lipstick. What do you think of this colour combination?
 





For tips on combining colours in an outfits, I wrote a post you might find helpful here.

I also wore these shorts with my DIY x-mas top and casual sandals here.
Have you caught the yellow syndrome? What would you wear against a yellow wall?
YOUR TURN!
Leave a link, let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!



Enjoyed this post? Do me a favour, Share with all your friends!
Don't forget to keep up with MLB by subscribing and following on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Blogloving and Google Plus, let's connect!


SIMILAR POSTS
What I Wore: Monochrome|Another Big Shirt

How to combine colours in your outfit

DIY: Crotched christmas tree t-shirt




 

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Hi Ijenna,

    Mellow Yellow!

    Lol @ *dramatic gasp*

    I need a coloured wall in my life to spice up my photographs, there's this gorgeous magenta wall that I keep seeing in photographs.

    I'd wear white against that wall, for some reason, I like the mix of both colours.

    Your style always looks so effortless yet chic.

    Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! White? Hmmn Interesting! I just might try it.

      P.S: If you find out where the magenta wall is, please let me know. I need more colourful walls too!

      Delete
    2. Is it the magenta wall at Stranger Lagos?

      Delete
    3. Hi Berry,

      Yes, you are right. I did a bit of digging, it's the wall at Stranger Lagos.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful you! The colour combo is on fleek.

    I'm not sure what I'd wear against a yellow wall. I'm still learning. *covers face*

    You put it all together so well, sweetie.

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!!

      As for what to wear, black never fails.

      Delete
  3. Caught the yellow syndrome since but e no gree catch me..lol
    No yellow painting over here. Searched high and low

    You look adorable though..i especially love the shoes

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one appeared like!i never hesitated it!

      Delete
  4. Love how the yellow makes pictures pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As in I'm with Enkay, since ee no green catch me I rest. Love the pop with the shoes. Come and dash me your shorts na please.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No p. Right after you dash me your scrappy heels :)

      Delete
  6. I love the hat and lets ignore the yellow because i'm obsessed with it..lol.
    the outfit looks super cute and comfy. love.

    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You were one of the very first people to catch the yellow syndrome!

      Delete
  7. You couldn't have looked any better for me. I like this style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You couldn't have looked any better for me. I like this style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww I love the pop of color and you look grear. I'm still trying to get a yellow outfit sha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit. Very comfy. Nope, havent caught the yellow bug o. Oh well..

    Epiphany29.com
    Fashion Illustrations - Adrian Valencia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunately, the magenta wall at StrangerLagos is gone. I would probably wear black against a yellow wall; I'm always wearing black �� Love your shoes!


    http://nappyhaired.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Wait... what?! Nooooo! what happened to the wall?

      Delete

Instagram