DIY: CROTCHET CHRISTMAS TREE T-SHIRT

14:16

Christmas is upon us again people! I actually wanted to compile a list of about 25 christmas inspired fashion DIYs but its turns out most christmas DIYs are decoration tutorials. It then dawned on me that I was going to have to do mine so I came up with this one all will-nilly (compulsorily).

 

 
The best and easiest representation of christmas that I could work with (willy-nilly) was a christmas tree so i went with it. I think it'll make a good thoughtful gift.
Cost: You probably have all the materials needed ( or suitable subtitutes) at home.
Time taken: I won't tell a lie. It takes time. It involves sewing with your hand with considerable expertise. If I were giving this as a gift, the person best appreciate it.

 

You will need:

- T-shirt (old one, in my case)


- Fish-tail thread or some thread that can be crotched. Yarn will probably work just fine.

- Crotchet pin. Yes, I decorated mine in the spirit of christmas. You like?

- Needle and Thread.


Step 1


Draw on the pattern of your tree and any other thing you might want to add. I tried using chalk but it didn't come out quite well so I used crayons instead. Be careful because crayons do not come off well. I advise you use chalk to get you tree right, then use a crayon.


Step 2


This is where you need basic crotchet skills. Crotchet a single line of thread. To determine the length needed, place the crotched (or crotcheted?) line on your pattern to know the length needed.

Step 3

Sew your crotchet line unto your shirt. Nothing fancy needed, just make sure the threads match.


Step 4


When your done with the sewing, apply some glue to the end of the thread so it doesn't unravel. If that happens, all your hard work would be for nothing. (Honestly, it would probably make me abandon ship)

I know it looks rough but that's because of the nature of the crotchet line. It'll smoothen out eventually.

Add any other thing you want to your tree using the same method. I added a star and some tree hangings.


Ta-da!
 

Worn with an outfit...



Christmas Vibes...
Full outfit later I promise. 

 
And a pinnable picture of the process. Help a sister out, share, share, share!
I plan on spending my christmas with my family and close friends.
How will you be spending your christmas?
YOUR TURN!

Leave a link, let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!

P.S: If you try this DIY, I'd love to see your work! Shoot me an email (ijennamirabelosuji@gmail.com) or use the hashtag #miralabelleDIY and tag me (@unservile_fashionist)* on Instagram*.
Enjoyed this DIY? share with all your DIY lovin' friends!
Don't forget to keep up with MLB by subscribing and following on Instagram, Facebook, Google  Plus and Bloglovin', let's connect!

OTHER DIYs
- Ombre tassel Pendant
- Awesome blue ribbon choker in three steps.
- Turn your flared skirt into shorts (culottes)

 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. M marveled lyk criously...u're a rare gem Ij.wish i cud ve dis as my xmas gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you! That's a creative Christmas tree there. Cute.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram