What I Wore: Dots and Blue Hues

13:45

I'll be honest- I had an entirely different location in mind when I left my house with my camera and Udo (My cousin and photographer) in tow. Then I saw it- this epic ancient looking car. I sharpishly changed my mind ehn. I mean, look how cool the shades of blue look (my choker, shorts and the car). I think this is my best location yet!



I will never forget this day. After taking these awesome pictures and getting excited, there were no cabs going to our destination. We walked and walked and walked till finally, a bus decided to take pity on us. Forget pride, we ran after the bus! Was I ever so grateful that for some strange reason, I decided to wear my well-worn sneakers that day.


Infact, one might think I don't like sneakers at all seeing as I hardly ever wear them but they hit big this year and I am especially tired of seeing EVERYONE wearing sneakers (especially with dresses and skirts). It reminds me of when the skinny-jeans syndrome hit (and hit hard) in 2010 (I think).
 

I'll just come out and say it- The only reason I'm wearing a hat is because I was having a bad hair day. i.e, I had no idea what to do with. I'm not sure if it adds or removes from the outfit. What do you think?
 

In case you're wondering why the sneakers aren't really showing, I noticed really late. I was about to take a fresh set of pictures when disaster struck- the owners of the car came to move it. I'm still pained. Haven't seen the car since but when I do, Imma take pictures of me sitting on the hood!
 


A full picture of the sneakers since they didn't show in the other pictures.

The choker in this post is a DIY (ie, I made it myself). Check out the easy peasy tutorial here.

How would you have worn this outfit?

YOUR TURN!

Leave a link, let me know int he comments, I'd love to hear from you!


Enjoyed this post? Share with all your fashion loving friends!

 
 
Don't forget to keep up with MLB by subscribing and following on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Google Plus and Bloglovin', let's connect!



KEEP READING...

Outfit: Monochrome (Blue) | Another Oversized shirt

-Outfit: Colour Play| Polka dot skirt

-Outfit: Borrowed From The Boys

-How To Combine Colours in an Outfit

 





 
 
 

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. That rustic car gave the whole look life. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really lovely...the whole ensemble. The hat as well...real nice.
    I don't like sneakers too, something about my legs being too skinny ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat def completes the look, and using the car as a back drop was genius.
    I love the whole look.
    sewafolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat def adds to the outfit. Very cool n laid back but cute look.

    Epiphany29.com
    2015 And I

    ReplyDelete
  5. Osuj, you did it again! I love it. From the unplanned but epic location, to the outfit (cute and laid back). I'm really digging the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yess! I am also tired of seeing people wear sneakers (especially with dress and skirts) , majorly because most of them don't do justice to it. I'm pro - sneakers though but not everyone pulls it off.

    It takes a creative mind to see the potential for a great location in the oddest places so yess, good job!

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you think so! After I saw you used an old rustic wall for your location, I realized its about being creative.

      I especially don't like when sneakers and skirts aren't worn right.

      Delete
    2. Yay! Glad you think so! After I saw you used an old rustic wall for your location, I realized its about being creative.

      I especially don't like when sneakers and skirts aren't worn right.

      Delete
  7. Happy new year dear, the car is everything. The hat definitely adds to it.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am on first timer on your blog.. I am totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram