Florals N' Plaid

09:13


Yes, we've all had that moment- Wardrobe full of clothes, nothing to wear (with some exceptions of course). Am I right?? I believe no matter how good you are at styling and fashion, there are some times you just go blank. that's what happened to me earlier this week (yes, it's very recent). I was like "OMG I have nothing to wear!" which of course was very far from the truth. I just had no idea what I wanted to look like. So here's what I came up with...



 
Mixing prints looks awesome when done right. Of course, as always, there are rules.


RULE 1: Create contrast. Mixing prints like horizontal stripes and florals or small polka dots and big polka dots work really well.


RULE 2: The two prints should be of the same colour palette.


RULE3: Break every rule if you think you can pull it off.


That being said, here's how I wore mine.
 

             
 
                  

 
 
 

Outfits Inspired by mine



I wish I could buy every single item on this list. Alas, c'est ne pas possible. But you guys can. So, shop, shop, shop away!!
 


Outfit 1
dress, shirt, bag, shoe, necklace
 
 
This look is casual but not sloppy. How awesome is the braided necklace?
 


Outfit 2
dress, jacket, shoe, rings
 
 
So this one is more dressy. I think the moustache rings are a fun addition.
 

Outfit 3
dress, shirt, bag, shoe, rings
 
 

The print of this dress is bold so I tried to keep the shirt and dress in the same colour palette. It looked dull so I added a bright pair of wedges which balances things out.


In general, I kept the accessories to a minimum because the print mixing is already loud and busy.

Your thoughts??


Would you wear any of the outfits above?? Do you mix prints?? What are your favourite prints to mix?? Let me know in the comments.

 


                                                         

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hmm...I don't know how any of these wld fit me though..my Q is,wld florals work out 4 guys as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! Just stick to dark shades-more versatile. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Instagram