What I Wore: The Minimalist's guide to Print Mixing

20:42

I can't count the number of times I've been labelled "extra".

But then, extra stands for extraordinary in my book so, thank you very much.




So I'm bringing an extra-printy post today. Those lines you're seeing in the pictures? Actual rain. Falling heavily. Can you tell I'm dedicated? : D 

Truth is, I know a lot of people who shiver when they see prints, even basic patterns like stripes and polka dots. I understand the Ankara print fear though. All those colours... *shivers*.

Wearing multiple prints and/or patterns could be quite nice if done right so I'll be sharing some tips.



The number of patterned items I'm wearing= 4

The number of patterns= 3

Tip #1: Wear similar patterns for a bold and interesting look.

See how I'm wearing a striped t-shirt and sunglasses? It keeps things tame but not too tame seeing as the stripes are in different directions.

Tip #2: Stick to a colour palette.

Prints and patterns become a bit too much when your colours are all over the place. Simplify things a bit by staying in the same colour family.

Tip #3: Don't forget your accessories.

It's important to factor in your accessories when combining prints. It's often said that accessories make or break an outfit. I recommend minimalism to be on the safe side but if you're daring like me, go for it!


OUTFIT DETAILS
Blazer: thrift + DIY (tutorial here)
T-shirt: thrift
Skirt: thrift
Purse: Zaful (previously styled here
Mules: Desire 1709




Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog, my YouTube (new videos every Friday!) and follow me on Instagram, let's connect!

Cheers!xx

Recently,




Subscribe to our mailing list

For your dose of style inspiration,fashion & photography tips and DIY projects, all on a (low) budget.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is a really pretty and daring look, as I am not particularly a minimalist, I'm sure a bright color would make an appearance if I rock this. Those are great tips too and I rarely see you smile in pictures (the picture with the smile after the outfit details is really beautiful). hose shoes!
    www.wumituase.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wumi! I was told by the person who took these pictures that I actually smile too much! 😂😂😂

      Delete

Instagram