I had a friend

05:36

I had a friend. She was important to me. We were really close. Told each other everything.
I had a friend. We had similar ambitions, goals, dreams. She wanted to be a certified make-up artist, I wanted to be a writer. We were set in our path and nothing could make us veer off.



I had a friend. Secrets are said to bring people closer when shared. She shared. I was scared.
I had a friend. I told her the truth, I was blunt. I didn't approve but supported.




I had a friend. She made new friends, veered off the path and went MIA. She came back, and there was a war. A war between friends. The respect was lost, and war is bad but was necessary in this case.

I had a friend. The friendship was broken there was no way to mend it.

Everything was made right, and the war came to end. But everything wasn't really "right".

I had a friend. For so long I didn't talk to her. Didn't want to remember. Everything was broken, there was no point. It was over.

I had a friend. She was my friend. Surely some broken things could be mended?
Thought about her for so long and wondered her outcome- was she doing okay? Had she returned to the path? Was there a chance for us?

I had a friend. An olive branch was extended. Things glued back but not quite in place. But she was doing good. Not quite on the path but getting there. That was good enough.



I had a friend. Some friendships last forever, some don't. But I do know that life is easier to handle when one has good friends.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I can relate to this post...great write up.

    Please click on my name for Fashion/Fitness/Beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmn friends.the only trusted friend is JESUS,because he is the only true friend.
    Deep post.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Now going to the old posts.i will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!
    Your blog is one of my new fav. places.

    Imperfectverbalista.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram