Life Adventures: In May

09:57

Happy New Month people!

If you're reading this, congratulations! You made it to half of the year. This is just one of the things I'm extremely grateful for.



The greater part of May was kind of uneventful. I was occupied with my first exams as a medical student (Physiotherapist in training). You know how you walk out of the exam hall with an idea of how you did? Yea, this is not one of those cases. I'm just here hoping like "God please. Help."

Anyway, things got interesting towards the end. I got nominated as one of the most enterprising (student) females *does a little dance jig* in the Campus Heat Awards. Couldn't attend the event though. Opportunity of a life time I know, but I was just so tired and the rain beat me seriously that day. Plus, the roads were jammed so....


I got beaten by rain on my way back home from this photoshoot with a couple of bloggers. The dress is an Urban Abbey design. Shola (the designer) is really talented and her beading skill is so on point. Needless to say, the shoot was fun.




This is Tonye's hand. Tonye photobombed my picture of the tunnel. The picture came out quite nice so I (grudgingly) forgive Tonye. Tonye and I may have been working on a blogger collaboration before this occured ; )



Guess who's going to be attending the African Urban Fashion Show? And as a Fashion Brand Ambassador no less : D

I basically have no lessons to share this month what with all the Exam stress and (slight) panicking. I did learn one thing though...

It's definitely more important to be authentic than original, my friends.

You're not doing anything that hasn't been done before but putting your own unique twists on everything makes it different. Not original, yes but different and different is great. Better even.

So one of my goals is to blog consistently this month. Not a big goal, yes but seeing as I may have consistency issues, this is an important goal for me.

What did you learn in May? What did you achieve? What are your June goals?

YOUR TURN!
Leave a link, let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!

Enjoyed this? Sign up for more of this goodness!


Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required




You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Congrats on being a brand ambassador dear and good luck with being more consistent, in may I learnt that before listening to anyone's advice, you listen to what they are not saying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! You can find out so much stuff by paying attention to the details they keep leaving out.

      Great lesson and thanks! ❤

      Delete
  2. This is amazing news, congrats to you!! Seems like you had quite an exciting month and another one ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sileas! And I thought I had a boring life! I guess things are picking up :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats.

    God will definitely help you out.... And when the result comes out, it's going to be mind blowing.

    The month of may wasn't so cool for me.NYSC almost broke my heart.... Thank God it didn't scatter (lol).

    I think I would really like to travel in June. I hope it works out.

    www.yvonnyblog.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen o!

      The way people talk about NYSC really scares me. Thank God for unshattered hearts.

      I hope your travelling works out too : )

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha. At least we are reading this in early June, so that's still good. I'm sure your exams will be fine. May literally flew by..
    KacheeTee.com
    4 Perfectly Do-able Traditions for (Young) Couples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loooooool!

      I know, right?!!! Next thing, we'll be in December counting down to a New Year!

      Delete
  5. Hy Mirabel...
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    check my blog for details.

    www.yvonnyblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram