WHAT I WORE: WHITE PEPLUM & OLIVE MAXI, INSPIRED BY EPIPHANY29

08:27

Hey everyone!

Last week, I saw a post on Epiphany29 on how she styled her olive shirt. I immediately remembered my olive dress and decided to do an outfit post on it. Remember how I said I was going for more classy looks? I think this is my classiest attempt. To make myself feel more comfortable in the outfit, I justified the fact by pointing out that the top has some lace, I'm wearing a maxi and some of my usual jewellry. It worked.


 
Me feeling like some kinda Naomi Campbell Wannabe. I don't know why, it just happened.
 
 
I put half of one the pictures on Instagram and asked my followers to guess the remaining outfit. Nsikak suggested a bun and kitten heels. Almost right on with the bun. It's just teeny tiny. I NEVER wear kitten heels. Go big or go home sort of motto.
 


Since we are on the subject of colours, What the difference between Khaki and Olive? I know khaki to be a dull yellowish-brown colour, the colour of dust. Actually, that's what the dictionary says and its support my definition.

The dictionary also says olive is a dark yellowish-green colour, the colour of an unripe olive. So why oh why are people calling khaki olive?!? *Perplexed*

Colours can be confusing (which is why you should check out my helpful post on colours and colour combo formulae ;) )

 
 
So about the shoes... I know, I know, I should have gone for something open-toed, strappy or at least similar shoes without the strap. I did. Then removed it. When I looked in the mirror, I just preferred this one, platforms and all. What shoes would you have worn?

YOUR TURN!

How do you style your olive outfits? Leave a link, let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you.
 
Enjoyed this post? Do me a favour, Share with all your friends!
Dont forget to keep up with MLB on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Blogloving and Google Plus, let's connect!
 
SIMILAR POSTS
- How to easily combine colours in your outfits
- Outfit: Rocker-Chic with a twist
- Outfit: Vintage shirt as dress + Blazer
 
 
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Yaaaaas!!! Loving the look girl.your facial expressions be killing it.

    Epiphany29.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks berry. I wasn't so sure but I went with it anyway.

      Delete
  3. Babeee I need that skirt. (period!) Facial expression of life.

    Www.dleonalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D! So this is where I confess- it's actually a dress. I just wore a blouse on it. Great tip for maximizing your outfit.

      Delete
  4. love the long skirt ...

    http://www.afrogenik.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ijenna,

    Wow, you look so hot! The photographs are so fierce, like the kind that appear in Vogue magazine. :-)

    Olive is a colour that I've overlooked, you've made me realise that it's a great neutral shade. Thank you!

    Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram