Before The Blog: Life Before I began Blogging

10:45


In 2012, when I decided to try my hand at face modelling.


So in honour of Mira La Belle turning one, I decided to do a post on how I have evolved since starting the blog. This is not one of those "The blog changed my life!" stories.


My life was pretty cool before. Mind you, I've been wanting to start this blog since 2012 but I kept on giving excuses. Top of the list was "The timing isn't right". The timing is NEVER right. so one day I just did it. To be honest, it was my best friend that gave me that extra push I needed. When I was actually chickening out and thinking "I can't do this alone!" and was considering asking her to start the blog together when it so happened that she started her own blog so I thought If Seyi could do it, so can I and here we are today.

I was happy. I was 18. I know most people feel uncomfortable revealing their age. I'm not one of them. I was always the weird one or one of the weird ones. Earlier in life I had already accepted that so I wasn't (and I'm still not) bothered. The thing is I kept countless journals, diaries actually but I called them journals because it sounded more sophisticated. What's the difference anyway? I always started new ones because I never kept the old ones well. I never wrote secrets in them (lets face it- I don't have a lot of those) so I never saw the point. I would always write in them though. That was my rambling/ranting/musing space and I so needed one because it felt like not a lot of people agreed with my opinions.



Picture taken of a reluctant me in 2013 I think.


I misplaced those journals a lot and suddenly I would want to write something and wouldn't find them. I'd just grab a piece of paper. The next time I couldn't find my journal (may be someone kept on stealing them?) I decided to get a book and call it my writing book instead. I found myself doodling in it too.

I no longer keep those books. My blog is now my rambling/ranting/musing space. Although, most of these posts never get published (which is going to change soon) it feels pretty good to write them.

I've always loved fashion. People also labelled my sense of fashion weird. I didn't think so. The fact that I didn't dress like everyone didn't make me unfashionable. I was (and still am) a rebel. Not by wild stunts that'd make people notice me and probably be disappointed but by choosing to not conform to society. So you could say I am a fashion rebel. My Instagram name, Unservile Fashionist, basically means fashion rebel. I love and follow fashion but I have my own individual sense of style. Before socks became trendy, I would wear them and people would tell me that I watched too many Korean high school movies. I didn't even watch them at the time. I also wore ties a lot.

It's unfortunate that I don't have pictures of these outfits. I never was a picture person. Till now, if it's not going to be used for something, I don't bother. This is the reason I don't have a lot of personal pictures. In fact, to dig up the photos used here was no easy feat. I had to beg and ask around. Facebook eventually came through for me.



Back in 2011. I don't know I still really love this picture.



Life has not really changed for me. There are some changes though. I have learnt a lot during my time of blogging. My writing and people skills have sharpened. I have learnt to be more open-Away with the shell! Although, I still keep the shell because a person needs some place to retreat after a while. The world of fashion is no longer 2D for me. I now sort of see almost all its angles not just the glamour. It has also come to my opinion that people don't take fashion writers seriously. I wonder why that is? A writer is a writer.

I wonder where life takes me and the blog. Some people say I put too much of myself into the blog, too much effort in writing articles. The blog is my space. I think I can do what I like with it. Hope you guys like it too. A special thanks (again) to my readers, you guys mean a lot to me.


So let hear it guys!
What do you think? Did blogging change your life? Were any significant changes noticed? What has made a significant change in your life? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you.

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Happy one yr anniversary......dis blog has been wonderful....even thou u hardly post guyz fashion style....i still love dis blog...it has really changed my view abt fashion....i do take some hint frm here thou....
    Keep it up ¡¡¡ #myrunawaylove.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your achievement. Greetings and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey boo, happy blog anniversary!
    To your question, yes blgging brought with it some changes and I blogged about them in my last post.

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ur beautiful, congrats on ur achievements :)
    Thank you for sharing this with us hun.
    Visit me whenever you can,
    http://www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping my name will come in somewhere............. lol
    Just joking, hearing your side of the story is so much different from what i thought...... Inspiring Story tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. What were you thinking?

      Delete
    2. I was thinking you always had it in mind, but you didn't have the time yet, then you just started immediately you got the chance.
      But now from the above, it shows you actually dilly-dallied till you got a PUSH..... Saying you are human after all

      Delete
  7. Congrats
    Blogging has changed me and I never realised how much till I took time off
    Beautiful blog..wonder why am just visiting for the first time....

    Well jisie ike...followed you on g+ and gfc
    Feel free to follow back

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Osuj, I'm so glad you're one. You've come a long way since the begining. I know this is really what you wanted, to just spill your thoughts about fashion without any restrictions. Still your biggest fan even though I don't comment that much.

    adenowoseyi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post. nice to read your story.
    sewafolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey. Very nice blog. Just thought to check it out and I'm impressed ������. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I enjoyed every bit of this write up. I like the fact that your style is "weird", I had to put that in quote because it's really unique. Enjoying your blog btw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I am so late at reading this but I only found your blog today from FunkeOlotu.com :) It's amazing to see how much blogging can impact someone's life no matter how big or small. Like you, I kept a journal growing up but mine are still all in a box in my Mother's home :) I only started seriously blogging in April but what has changed so far? Well, I battle with depression and it helps me stay focused on the good and gives me something to look forward to. Can't wait to see more of your posts. xx

    www.KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Recently I read a post on my blog and went through the comments.... I laughed and had a fun time all by myself.
    Some day you'll do that and you'll be grateful that you started this work. But then again this our way of contributing to the world in making it a better place. Sprinkling a little bit of color and life here and there.
    Congratulation on this milestone... keep pushing.. keep shining.
    The Beautiful Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful words Mira! I find comfort in this space.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram