What I Wore: Glam in Glitter

04:10


Last weekend, I attended a wedding ceremony. I hardly ever go out and I knew my casual style was not going to fly so I had to plan my outfit a week before the wedding. I knew I was going to wear a dress but the hard part was what dress? I searched my wardrobe top to bottom (because I knew I was not going buy a new dress what with being on a very tight budget and all.)


I had two options; a very red, very tight dress with very low neckline and this glittery one. I bought the red dress when I was younger so it didn't look so provocative. After trying it on, I knew I was NOT going to wear it outside my house. No way.


I've had this dress for two years now but I've only worn it once. It's very glittery and quite revealing (not as revealing as the red dress, trust me) so not really my everyday style. No, it wasn't a gift, I bought it myself. I really liked it with the long sleeves and elegant neckline.

I had to wear something so instead of chickening out and wearing some casual sundress (*cringes*) I decided to be brave and wear this instead. Not to brag, but I think I killed it (hence the over confident poses ha-ha!)


Please forgive the excessive hand poses. I knew I was going for a glam look so maybe I got a little carried away, but I had so much fun.














I curled my hair to achieve this look. Straightened it first, then used rollers while the hair was still warm so that the curls would set. Went with purple lipstick because the dress code was pink and/or purple. Yea, there was no way I was wearing a pink or purple dress. I don't think I even have one.





I probably should have worn strappy sandals but frankly, I don't own a pair because I'm not a fan. Yet.


As I thought I had struck the perfect pose, this lady had to step in at that very moment *rolls eyes*.

The dress was gotten from a thrift store in Hertfordshire.

Your thoughts?

What do you think of this look? Do you like this outfit? Would you wear this outfit? How would you have worn this look? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!


You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Ij koko....i love the woman you are becoming....you are beautified....see you at the top...Anji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely look. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit..... a silver crochet necklace would have be rrally lovely on u with d glittery dress....
    But aside that... you kelt it ¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! Im in love with the dress and the lipstick just killed it. Go on girl..
    Fritzee.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post dear!

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is wicked!! Girl you look damn good. the purple lips, color code or nt, is jus all sort of appropriate with d outfit. And ur hair look amazing, going give it a try.
    http://dleonalife.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought so too. I 'd love to see the hair on u :)

      Delete
  7. Don't kill us with sexy poses sha. Loving the dress, the entire look combined actually. Go Ije!
    All About Urbane Street Style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Denge pose.

    ckjacob.blogspot.com for fiction stories

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ijenna, you look slimmer...... You've been hitting the gym?
    I wonder how the red dress would hv been if its more revealing than this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitting the gym? Yea right! Pretty sure it's from forgetting to eat.LOL

      Delete
  10. great outfit.. I think you wore the dress perfectly..
    www.shanysaidso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats a really lovely dress and all the poses are so on point.x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking lovely dear...tho we neva rily agree wen it comes to fashion buh I tink ur beginning to buy me ova..😙

    ReplyDelete

Instagram