LIFE/ A Week In Enugu

02:58

Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.


-Gustav Flaubert









I went for a Physiotherapy Convention at Enugu and for the first time in my 22 years, I travelled with the mindset of seeing and exploring. I’ve heard often times that a change of pace is sometimes needed to maintain one’s sanity. After this trip, I have to concur.

I didn’t see the sites, didn’t visit tourist attractions. I only documented the places and random things that surrounded me. I was situated near the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus at a hotel close by. My days were spent attending events, both academic and otherwise as well as socializing, however awkwardly. 

It was immensely interesting noting the cultural differences, being a city creature myself. On the day before my schoolmates and I left, we went on a city tour viewing the rural parts of Enugu in all its glory. 

In all, I really enjoyed myself. Perhaps because of the people, perhaps because I find beauty in the mundane. Since a picture speaks a thousand words, here are several.

Out and about 









Nature









Activities 









Everyday I was away from home, I felt a sense of freedom and I realized that this made the 9 hour journey worth it.

Words and Images by Ijenna.

Stay Creative, 
Cheers!

Subscribe to our mailing list

For your dose of style inspiration, fashion & photography tips and DIY projects, all on a (low) budget.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. No, doubt travel is important for us because we can not travel without traveling. But i have read your blog and see a beautiful and attractive image which you have posted about a beautiful travel trip in Enugu. Its really a wonderful place many people are coming from different world for tourist with his family. But before going they find a best travel service so, i would recommend for safe journey you book Lahore to Melbourne cheap flight ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Click Here Rentacarlahore.net & Car Hire in Lahore without any Hurdles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. Available Here Gizmoservers.com & Buy Minecraft Server Hosting in reasonable fares and according to your need.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram